For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
ABOUT CRESCENT HEIGHTS
Crescent Heights is a leading national real estate firm, specializing in the development and operation of architecturally distinctive mixed-use high-rises in major cities across the United States. With over 38,000 residences completed and in development, Crescent Heights manages all aspects of its properties internally and has received numerous excellence awards. Our bespoke urban homes are renowned for distinctive design, locally-inspired amenities, predictive service, technological innovation, and extensive lifestyle programming.
With the opening of the flagship NEMA in 2013, Crescent Heights set a new industry standard for luxury apartment rentals. Today, NEMA is growing into a national residential rental brand soon to open in some of America’s top cities: Chicago and Boston.
Located in Boston’s Seaport, a district that has evolved into the city’s most dynamic and vibrant mixed-use neighborhood, NEMA Boston is the flagship residence of New England’s 21st century innovation hub. NEMA is home to 414 apartment residences ranging from micro “innovation” units to spacious three-bedrooms, locally inspired, sustainably designed, and powered by technology.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Supervises and preforms the maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds at a commercial and/or residential property location. Assures that vacant units are prepared for occupancy according to established standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
• Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures. Ensures that work is performed according to Occupations Safety & Health Act (OSHA), standards and company safety policies, at all times.
• Visually inspects buildings and grounds in the course of daily work and reports anything in need of repair or replacement as well as unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents to Management.
• Reviews and implements improvements to procedures in order to increase efficiency and reduce operating expenses.
• Obtains through knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
• Responds to employee and resident requests in a courteous and timely manner.
• Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule
• Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
• Corrects errors and resolves complaints.
• Assists subordinates in performing duties.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
• Orders equipment and supplies and arranges for outside vendors as necessary.
• Seeks opportunities to increase skills and expand knowledge base.
• Wears the required uniform and maintains a professional appearance at all times.
• Must be available to work on an on-call basis.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Supervise Mechanical Contractors, Carpenters, Electricians, Painters, Plumbers, In house Maintenance Technicians and Housekeeping Staff.
• Familiarity with common tools and proficiency in unskilled and skilled maintenance and repair tasks.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Adeptness in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and keep calm when addressing and resolving resident or customer issues.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Thorough and attentive to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
(4) years related experience and a degree from four (4) year university highly desired, will consider candidates with degrees from a two (2) year university combined with related experience. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
CPO – Certified Pool & Spa Operator or willing to obtain CPO.
Any Certifications / License required need to be obtained.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, memos and reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach and lift items with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is performed in an environment with a moderate noise level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect inside and outside areas of the property location and may be exposed to on-going construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Crescent Heights® is an EEO Company that provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all full-time regular Employees.
Relocation Provided: No