For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Industrial Hygienist/Asbestos Inspector
Mabbett & Associates, Inc. is seeking a full-time Industrial Hygiene Consultant/licensed Asbestos Inspector to join our team of environmental, health and safety (EH&S) professionals. This position will work on a variety of EH&S compliance projects and will be responsible for conducting industrial hygiene monitoring. Prospective candidates should have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations, field experience, such as industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, conducting safety and health surveys/audits, as well as lead/asbestos inspections/monitoring. The candidate selected for this position must be adaptable to varying work environments, have a strong work ethic and solid technical writing skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or a science-related field;
• 8+ years of related work experience (preferably in the role of Industrial Hygienist Technician and/or Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant);
• Prior work experience should include: bulk sampling of regulated building materials, conducting indoor air quality studies and industrial hygiene workplace evaluations and project management experience;
• Massachusetts Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor Certifications required; Licensure in other New England States is a plus;
• Successful completion of the NIOSH-582 Course or equivalent;
• Must possess a valid driver’s license;
• Proficient in Microsoft® Word® and Excel®;
• Willingness and ability to regularly work in the field and outdoors. Out-of-area travel will be required on a limited basis. Off-hours work may also be required;
• Medical clearance to wear a respirator is required and must be able to lift 50 lbs.;
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to obtain, as a minimum, OMB Position of Public Trust and Federal Protective Services Favorable designations. Other clearance requirements for access to Federal facilities may be necessary and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
• Conduct occupational exposure or area monitoring, environmental sampling, and other related duties;
• Perform various fieldwork tasks, such as calibrating and operating equipment for acquiring air samples and monitoring personnel exposure, performing mathematical calculations, obtaining media, collecting relevant data and submitting samples for laboratory analysis, observing field conditions and documenting events;
• Perform workplace surveys to determine compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations;
• Manage and direct a variety of projects to ensure scope, budget, and schedules are met; coordinate projects with clients and staff.
This position is based in Bedford, Massachusetts and most of the work will be performed in the New England-area for Federal agencies. Additional project-specific opportunities may be required on a short-term basis throughout the United States.
About the Firm
Mabbett, established in 1980, provides integrated multi-disciplinary EH&S, and architectural-engineering design services. For 38 years, Mabbett has delivered value-added professional services to Federal, state and local agencies and industry, and commercial enterprise. Mabbett is a US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE), verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts with regional offices in New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Virginia. The firm is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer.
The firm is been experiencing significant growth in the Federal and private sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare, and academia. In 2018, Mabbett was named the 42nd fastest growing company in Massachusetts; the 32nd fastest growing company in the architectural, engineering and environmental sector in the USA; and was named to Inc. magazine’s list of the fastest growing companies in America for the 4th time.