For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
The Implementation Consultant is a member of the global Client Services team. The Implementation Consultant is expected to work in partnership with clients, being able to deploy/deliver SpecTec’s products (and services) as well as advising clients how to use SpecTec products to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
SpecTec Group (www.spectec.net) has been established in the Maritime Industry for almost 30 years with personnel that have first-hand experience working on board ships and in the offices. The company is the recognised market leader in maritime Fleet Management software and services.
SpecTec Group operates in four key markets Cruise, Shipping, Yachting and APAC. The software allows operation and control of all technical and documentation aspects in the fields of maintenance, spare parts and stock control, purchasing and procurement, quality and safety documentation and personnel management. SpecTec Group has 13 offices in 11 countries spanning EMEA, Asia and North America and is one of several operating units of the Volaris Group.
Volaris companies provide specialised, mission critical software solutions to vertical markets globally including: Agri-Food, Asset Management, Logistics, Benefits Administration, and more. Volaris and its publicly-traded parent Constellation Software, Inc. have grown rapidly since 1995 into a major technology company serving over 40 different specialised vertical markets. Constellation is publically traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE:CSU).
For more info, please visit www.volarisgroup.com
In January 2018, SpecTec launched a dedicated business unit for the Cruise market. The goal is to triple the revenues of the newco over the next 5 years. The Cruise market is forecasting significant expansion and investment over the next ten years. The industry has already committed to over $56bn in new vessel builds and a 30% increase in global capacity. Creating a dedicated team is fundamental to driving growth and delivering on our business objectives.
Cruise VBU is all about finding the right people for the right role and allowing them the opportunity to directly contribute to the successes of the organisation. Employees are experts in their field, passionate about what they do and always looking for new and innovative ways to develop business across our chosen markets. Our staff come from a wide range of cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds and are able to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment that values individual perspectives. SpecTec offer competitive remuneration and the chance to learn from the best in the business. SpecTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Implementation Consultant is a member of the global Client Services team. The role involves close collaboration with the Director of Client Services, Project Managers and other Team Members in the timely execution of assigned project deliverables to clients. The Implementation Consultant will be expected to work on several concurrent project tasks, tasks will be managed by either the designated Project Manager or the Director of Client Services directly or the Implementation Consultant himself under the supervision of the Director of Client Services.
The Implementation Consultant is expected to work in partnership with clients, being able to deploy/deliver SpecTec’s products (and services) as well as advising clients how to use SpecTec products to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
The Implementation Consultant should possess a clear understanding of functionality for multiple supported products and/or applications and of the practical business processes customers use when implementing and operating the supported products.
The primary responsibility of the Implementation Consultant is the provision of providing technical solutions to within the SpecTec Cruise client base. The Implementation Consultant shall be responsible for solution deployments, implementations and end user training of a variety of our product lines, in addition to value added consultancy services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provision of Standard or Bespoke Training courses (onsite or off-site);
• Performing on-site visits where required (implementation, training, trouble-shooting);
• Provides training and guidance to customers in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations;
• Creation of Bespoke Training Documentation for both internal and/or external use;
• Compilation of Database Specifications & Business Process Documents
• System Configuration and Testing
• Assistance to Support/Help desk to resolve customer support tickets
• Strictly comply with the company policies;
• Strictly comply with the communication protocol as per reporting line;
Responsible to comply with company procedures in submitting Timesheets, Expense Notes and Technical Intervention Forms/Requests (for billable work only).
Required Skills / attributes:
• Passion for delivering excellence in customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English is mandatory and other languages is desirable
• Demonstrate a general understanding of architecture and infrastructure for client software as well as any peripheral products
• Knowledge of Information systems/Technology
• Detail-oriented with an ability to work independently
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer management skills and must be confident and effective in the delivery of any product training or functional demonstrations
Good to have, but not essential
• Sea-going experience or knowledge/understanding of maritime business processes
• Knowledge of SQL