For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Facilities and Energy Manager
The City of Medford is seeking applicants to fill the position of Facilities and Energy Manager. Reporting directly to the Building Commissioner, this full-time non-union position will play a critical role in helping the City work toward its climate change adaptation and renewable energy transition commitments, create resource efficiencies across departments, and both apply for and manage grants toward these ends. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Director of Energy and Environment.
• Oversee municipal building facilities, excluding schools
• Establish and manage proper preventive maintenance schedules, building control system optimization
and analytics, and energy efficiency
• Introduce reduction strategies, and policies and procedures, as well as the coordination of the staff and
contractors involved with the maintenance of public buildings.
• Maintain oversight include daily planning, scheduling, and supervision over ventilation; air
conditioning; mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, monitoring and alarm systems; building equipment;
contracts; and vendors.
• Create and maintain maintenance schedules for the building, HVAC systems, and energy management
for all city-owned buildings
• Establish, maintain, and optimize contracts related to facilities and energy management including
custodial company contracts
• Maximize and optimize use of building control systems and analytics
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with custodians, maintenance staff, City Department
Heads, and gas/electric utility company
• Provide information and training to other city staff on best practices in energy efficiency/energy
• Participate in capital planning process for municipal buildings
• Apply for and implement energy efficiency and building-related grants
• Knowledge of facilities management
• Knowledge of energy efficiency and demand reduction technologies
• Ability to manage budgets and invoices
• Experience with initiation and oversight of contract services
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and relevant maintenance software
• Supervisory experience required
• Establish and maintain effective communication, both written and oral, with all levels of employees,
public officials, vendors and others
• Strong organizational, decision-making, and time managements skills
• Possesses a Valid Class D driver’s license required