For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Resource Options is looking for a junior-mid level Environmental Scientist or Engineer who is looking to gain experience working on large-scale construction projects in Boston! The Environmental Technician would be responsible for performing construction and subcontractor oversight and environmental sampling services.
ROI has partnered with a well-respected, multidisciplinary consulting firm in the AEC industries. Our partner company delivers integrated Forensic, Engineering, Construction, and Environmental solutions to complex projects around the globe. This opportunity is great for entry - junior level environmental scientists or environmental engineers who are looking to grow professionally with an incredible company that places emphasis on company culture and work life balance.
The Environmental Technician will be responsible for performing construction and subcontractor oversight and environmental sampling services on a complex construction project in Boston.
• Perform environmental sampling including: soil sampling, groundwater well monitoring and sampling, and air quality sampling
• Providing construction and subcontractor oversight
• Conduct site visits and provide documentation
• Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for project
• Prepare and implement Health and Safety plans when required
• Ensure employee safety in accordance with corporate policy
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs
• Ability to travel to different jobs sites - valid driver's license and reliable vehicle required
• Exhibit basic mechanical and electrical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, co-workers, and subcontractors
• Ability to work with minimal oversight and meet deadlines, both internally and externally
• Position requires related environmental or construction experience of at least 2-4 years
• OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER required - training provided if necessary
• OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour Construction- training provided if necessary