Entry Level Safety Specialist
J. Goodison Company is looking for a motivated individual who will work directly with our Environmental Health and Safety Manager to oversee worksite safety in our growing facility.
This individual will spend their day in the field, walking throughout the shipyard to ensure safe worksite conditions and assist in maintaining the organization's safety programs and environmental compliance requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist the company to ensure that the organization complies with all current safety regulations
• Perform frequent worksite inspections to ensure compliance
• Help in the evaluation of the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment to identify potential unsafe conditions that need improvement
• Proactively monitor and control the worksite
• Stopping/preventing/correcting unsafe actions
• Stopping/preventing/correcting use of unsafe equipment
• Innovate and support on-going efforts to continually improve worker safety in collaboration with EHS Manager and other supervisors.
• Ensure that all tasks are performed safely: wearing safety items of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g. gloves, safety shoes, protective eyewear, hearing protection, and other items such as aprons or outerwear as appropriate
• Counsel employees on safe working practices, both in formal training sessions, and informal encounters during the workday
• Report and track injuries, incidents, and near-misses
• Inspect and maintain records of eye wash/first aid stations, fire extinguishers, and stair towers
• Maintain storage and disposal records of oil water and hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
• Training in Occupational Safety and Environmental Compliance related fields preferred - Knowledge of OSHA regulations is a plus
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a Safety Specialist or Environmental Specialist related role or equivalent experience preferred.
• Outstanding service orientation; sense of urgency; high-level of personal integrity.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to read and write in English and possess good writing skills.
• Able to follow instructions and complete assigned tasks in an unsupervised manner.
• Bilingual Skills is a Plus but not required.
• Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player mentality is a must.
• Must be able to adapt quickly to changing scenarios.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills; Lead by example.
• Must have reliable attendance, willing to work flexible hours, & work well with others.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org