For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
EHS Compliance Project Manager
HCG Associates is seeking a motivated EHS and Process Safety Consultant to join our growing team in Massacusetts. In this role, you will work closely with other Consultants and partner on EHS and Process Safety Management related projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging safety and risk projects for a myriad of industries and clients.
The consultant is responsible for maintaining all Regulatory Compliance and Outreach programs in order to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal Regulatory safety regulations related to the operation, maintenance, and compliance activities of our clients.
Support, as needed, environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance, environmental management system, environmental compliance programs, contingency plans, and federal regulatory reporting requirements.
Interact with HCG offices to generate proposals and coordinate projects.
Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
Assist with OSHA process safety management (PSM), EPA risk management plan (RMP), and process hazard analysis (PHA) programs.
Develop training programs to meet OSHA PSM Standards (29 CFR 1910.119).
Conduct PSM compliance audits.
Conduct Process Hazard Analyses (PHA).
Participate in Process Hazard Analysis Studies, including study preparation, scribe, and the development of client reports.
Develop key performance indicators for client programs.
The Compliance Project Manager will assist the client in maintaining client PSM and EHS programs, as well as the following client related activities.
• Provide input to analyze issues regarding operations and compliance
• Assist in the development, review, updating, and implementation of performance based regulatory compliance programs, including but not
limited to: Health and Safety Plans, Process Safety Management Programs, Risk Management Plans, Emergency Response Plans, and
Standard Operating Procedures.
• Coordinate the development, review, and maintenance of related policies and procedures, including emergency management plans
• Assist in the execution of the client Risk Management Plan (RMP) according to EPA 40 CFR Part 68.
• Assist in updating management systems to ensure all client records and documentation are kept up to date. Conduct or participate in
compliance reviews when necessary.
• Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports measuring compliance and other related activities
• Work closely with client operations personnel, environmental, engineering and support personnel to promote regulatory compliance, including
federal and state regulations.
• Work closely with the Client Compliance team to analyze and formulate strategic Regulatory and Compliance solutions.
• Manage projects and other Regulatory system assets and provide emergency response support as directed by the HCG Director of EHS
• The Process Safety Project Manager provides subject matter expertise in their field and requires minimal supervision while completing
assigned duties. The Project Manager works in both Corporate office and field operation environments with all levels of the organization,
provides training to teams, is capable of analyzing problems from multiple perspectives, and provides innovative solutions to operational,
compliance, and project challenges.
• The Project Manager may be periodically assigned duties in addition to those recorded here as the needs of the organization require.