For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Dispatchers are the points-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation. The Senior Dispatchers work to oversee the entire dispatch team.
• Oversee the entire operations desk
• Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather
• Perform charter party negotiations and execution
• Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc
• Assign voyages to vessels
• Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner
• Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges)
• Regular contact with office employees and managers
• Daily communication with external customers
• Support the ongoing development of a safety first culture
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
• Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to learn new programs and software.
• Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of vessel management including vessel operations.
• Experience working within the Maritime industry preferred.
• Work first four (4) Saturdays for training period from 0800 – 1200.
• Saturday & Holiday rotation schedule.
• Major Medical
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Health Savings Account