Deckhands are charged with oversight of passengers and their safety, securing the decks, updating the Captain regularly as to vessel status, performing engine checks in accordance with protocol, handling the boat lines for docking and departing, and ensuring the vessel is clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Consistently monitors decks to ensure comfort and safety of passengers
• Maintains cleanliness of the vessel
• Safely, properly, and efficiently loads and off-loads, passengers, bikes, and luggage.
• Handles boat lines safely and in accordance with established protocol
• Stands wheel watch (steering) in an attentive and effective manner
• Standing bridge/bow watch in an attentive and effective manner
• Performs engine checks in accordance with protocol
• Participates in all required safety and security education and drills; which includes but is not limited to; man overboard, fire, abandon ship, security, first aid, actives shooter response.
Licenses, Registrations, and/or Certifications: None
Required Education and Experience:
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. High School diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to complete (prior to start date) the on-line marine training program, specific to this role, which consists of educational materials in written, diagram, and video format with corresponding assessments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Committed work ethic in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, a positive demeanor and great customer service skills, willingness to learn new tasks and take direction, a responsible team member who works well with others and is self-motivated. Must be able to walk up and down up to 3 flights of stairs, climb up and down ladders up to 10 feet, and lift 40 pounds. Must be able to safely perform the essential duties for the position, with or without, reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to pass post offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Apply on line at hylinecruises.com/employment