For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Component Test Engineer - Testing
The Component Test Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives for the Bearings, Seals and Drives team in Lynn Component Test Engineering. In this very hands-on role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions and solve problems in a lab environment. You will develop and execute test objectives for internal GE and external Commercial and Military customers.
· Support the Bearings, Seals and Drives (or Lube Systems) team workload consisting of a variety of jet engine components in a hands-on, lab environment
· Design, build, instrument, run and analyze customer tests to deliver data with senior engineering support that meets business standards and program / product requirements
· Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
· Document and communicate results of technical data generated
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
· Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
Interest in hands-on work. Experience with data acquisition and control systems. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.