For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Cogen / Recovery Boiler Operator
The Cogen / Recovery Boiler Operator will be responsible in monitoring and inspecting equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely
The operator will observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
The operator will also analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
Will maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work and investigate and report on accidents. The operator will receive instructions from steam engineers regarding steam plant and air compressor operations.
• Power Engineering
• Marine Engineering – Pulp and Paper background preferred
• Ability to troubleshoot
• Ability to work in hot environments
• Ability to meet physical requirements associated with position
• Must possess independent decision making and critical thinking skills
• Must possess good mechanical and electrical systems aptitude.
• Willingness to progress through the line of promotion to become a Lead Operator in the Cogen or Recovery Departments.
• Willingness to work Shift Work.
• Proficiency with computer systems.
• 12 hour, rotating shift work required.
Attractive Benefits package / 401K