For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Captain - Full time | Part time
- Safe, and proper boat handling of ‘twin-screw’ vessels ranging from 120’ up to 192’ feet, while adhering to all Coast Guard rules and regulations
- Ongoing crew management, and training
- Strong focus on safety, and the ability to communicate best practices to passengers and crew by conducting ongoing safety drills as required
- Strong focus on customer service
- Preventative, and ongoing routine vessel maintenance including, but not limited to aesthetics, diesel engines, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray) fire suppression, communications, and navigation systems.
- Current valid 100-ton Inland license
- 5 years marine experience preferred, with two years as captain with an outstanding record
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential “TWIC”
- FCC Radio Operators Permit
- Current First-aid/CPR
- Pre-employment, and ongoing random drug testing required
Entertainment Cruises, Inc. is the nation’s largest fleet of premier dinner excursion vessels that provides its employees with an outstanding work environment, and culture, competitive compensation packages, stability, and growth opportunities.
For purposes of this job description only, references to “Entertainment Cruises Inc.” are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises, Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
- 100 Ton Inland
- Competitive, varies based on experience