For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
This is a multi-level growth series position (Grade Level 25/26/27/28). The title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process, as they meet the criteria defined below.
PSEG is looking to build a talent pipeline of qualified, interested individuals to fill future Engineering roles at their Nuclear facilities located in Hancocks Bridge, NJ
These are multi-level growth series positions, the title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, knowledge and education. These positions have a career which provides for promotional opportunities within and across grades as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills for overall job proficiency.
As an Engineer you are hired to work in one of the following departments: Plant Engineering, Programs Engineering, Component Engineering, Engineering Response Team (ERT), Design Engineering, Procurement Engineering, Reactor/Fuels Engineering.
Typical responsibilities may include but not inclusive of the following dependent on department assigned, knowledge and experience of candidate.
• Support outages and the emergency response organization which may require shift work/off hours support.
Job Responsibilities by department:
• Monitor, trend and assess systems and components to improve equipment reliability
• Establish system performance for designated systems. Identify and prioritize corrective actions to ensure system, safety, reliability, and availability
• Lead cross-functional teams to manage/resolve system performance issues and perform system walk downs
• Ensure system readiness and compliance with design/ license basis.
• Performs monitoring, trending and assessing respective Program to improve reliability and ensure the station is meeting regulatory and industry best practices
• Monitor, trend, and assess component performance using predictive maintenance technologies to improve equipment reliability.
• Provide technical expertise in the identification, investigation, and resolution of plant operating, safety, and design issues to ensure plant reliability and availability
Design Engineering/ Procurement Engineering
• Perform duties as a lead responsible engineer, which includes developing plant modifications, identifying plant impacts, key parameters, and supporting installation in the plant.
• Prepare or review plant design basis calculations, including proficiency using applicable analysis software
• Develop, evaluate, assess, research and recommend replacement parts for obsolete/spare parts, including performing Item Equivalency Evaluations
• Provide oversight of external engineering resources to ensure sound technical products are being delivered to meet milestones
• Prepare or review design and calculations related to bundle/core nuclear design, bundle/core thermal hydraulic performance, and reload safety analyses.
• Prepare or review nuclear fuels design change packages.
• Conduct reactor surveillances, start up and power ascension testing. Support and plan plant reactivity maneuvers including generating reactivity plans, monitoring the reactor and providing recommendations to operations.
Job Specific Qualifications
Job Specific Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with the following progressive experience requirements:
1. Associate Engineer - Less than two years of related experience
2. Engineer – At least two years of related experience
3. Lead Engineer– At least five years of related experience
4. Staff Engineer-At least seven years of related experience
5. Senior Engineer-At least ten years of related experience
6. Principal Engineer – At least fifteen years of related experience
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Available for Shift Work during plant outages and generation challenges.
• Ability to gain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant.
• The candidate will need to demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities and adaptive ways of doing business.
• Experience at a commercial Nuclear facility (PWR or BWR) or related industry
• SRO license/certification
• MS Degree or PE License.
• Experience with SAP
• Preferred degrees in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Structural/Civil Engineering or equivalent