For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Assistant Director of Facilities
Assist the Director of Facilities with proactive care of the campus, creating operating and Capital Budgets, and management of team.
Maintains and updates preventative maintenance database with the most current information available.
Manages the SchoolDude Preventative Maintenance and ticketing system.
This person will also be responsible for enforcing and managing the security protocols of the school set forth by the Administration.
This position requires proactively scanning the campus for problems as it relates to safety, cleanliness security and overall upkeep of tall structures, fields & parking lot.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Perform basic carpentry skills
*Daily walk thrus of campus
* Member of snow removal team
* Event setup
*Open and secure buildings
* Maintain Preventative Maintenance Database
*Maintain Ticketing system
* Other duties as assigned.
SHORE COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL¬
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
DEPARTMENT: Buildings & Grounds
SHIFT: Flexible start time 7:30am or 8:30am
EMPLOYEE: REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
SUMMARY: This person will also be responsible for managing the School Dude preventative maintenance and ticketing system and assigning jobs as needed. This position will communicate with the Director of Facilities as well as vendors related to any and all needs of the campus. This person will also be responsible for enforcing and managing the security protocols of the school set forth by the Administration. The position requires proactively scanning the campus for problems as it relates to safety, cleanliness, security and overall upkeep of all structures, fields & parking lot. In the absence of the Director of Facilities, the incumbent in this position exercises full authority over operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoots basic electricity problems around campus and Shore owned properties
• Perform basic carpentry projects around campus and Shore owned properties
• Completes basic paint and touchup projects around campus and Shore owned properties
• Perform minor repairs to fencing, doors, tables, cabinets, lighting etc and will outsource to licensed professionals as required.
• Manages and maintains the SchoolDude preventative maintenance and ticketing system and assigns tickets to specialists
• Performs (and ensures other are performing) daily walks of the campus both inside and out to ensure, safety, cleanliness and proper upkeep. This includes classrooms, hallways, common areas, restrooms, elevators, stairs, locker rooms and lounges
• Proactively reach out quarterly to renters to check in and see if anything is needed.
• Snow removal – Remove snow from walkways and driveways using shovels; snow blowers and snow plows. Spread salt on public passage ways. Ensures ice is removed to and from all buildings prior to the start of school for the safety of the community
• Event setup
• Open and Secure Buildings
• Check utilities and alarms according to schedule
• Other duties as assigned by Superintendent of Building and Grounds
• Responsible for registering vehicles
• Schedule regular inspections and tests on vehicles, machinery and equipment on a rotating schedule. Vehicles, machinery and equipment including.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They must be proactive, a self starter and show initiative. This person must lead by example, show tact, and coach team members when necessary. Must have the ability to plan and supervise the work of others .This list is intended to be illustrative, but not exhaustive. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job, unless those accommodations would impose an undue hardship upon the School.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, warning labels, safety information, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose simple correspondence is necessary. Ability to effectively present information both orally and written to fellow employees, stu¬dents, and school administrators.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers to multiply and divide with 10'a and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using measurements of weight, volume, and distance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Requires a valid driver's license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use and repair standard maintenance and power tools and operate equipment as necessary to accomplish the essential functions of this job.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.