For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
100 Ton Master License
Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry is currently seeking friendly, mature and customer orientated licensed Boat Captains with at least a 100 Ton Inland Master License to join our crew for the 2020 Spring-Summer Season. Full and Part-time seasonal positions are available, however candidates must be able to work April through Labor Day – some positions are available until October 31st. Year round positions are available
Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry is currently seeking friendly, mature and customer orientated licensed Boat Captains with at least a 100 Ton Inland Master License to join our crew for the 2020 Spring-Summer Season. Full and Part-time seasonal positions are available, however candidates must be able to work April through Labor Day – some positions are available until October 31st
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strong focus on safety of the vessel and its passengers, crew and cargo
• Ongoing crew management and training
• Ability to lead and inspire crew members to deliver excellent customer service
• Oversee loading and unloading of passengers and freight
• Possess and demonstrates superior judgment and performance under pressure
• Provide excellent customer service to all passengers
• Safe and proper boat handling of vessels while adhering to all Coast Guard rules and regulations
• Understand U.S. Coast Guard rules and regulations governing the operation of a passenger vessel
• Plan, communicate and coordinate safety inspections of the ferry to ensure safe operation
• Docking of vessel 20+ times per day
• Maintain a clean work environment
• Promptly report any mechanical problems
• Complete and maintain all shift records required by the USCG and Management
• Maintain good communication with crew and Dock Master
• Ability to work a flexible schedule – including Holidays and weekends
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• U.S. Coast Guard Licensed as a Master of vessels at least 100 gross tons.
• Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
• FCC Radio Operators Permit
• Pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident/incident testing.
We have positions in both St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, Michigan, if you are applying from outside of the Northern Michigan area, we do have limited affordable housing available.
Star Line has the largest fast ferry fleet in Michigan with six hydro-jet ferries: La Salle, Radisson, Cadillac, Joliet, Marquette II, and Mackinac Express Catamaran. In addition, they also own the freight boat Anna May, work boat Rose Mary and classic ferries Huron, Ottawa, Chippewa, and Straits of Mackinac II which offer classic ferry rides to Mackinac Island during peak tourist season.
Provides employees with an outstanding work environment, fun culture, and competitive compensation, with stability and growth opportunities.
Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet© Ferry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Job type: Full-time; Seasonal
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time