The Systems Analyst is responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and training for the enterprise and web applications at Massachusetts Maritime Academy.
- Provide system support for the Academy’s enterprise and web applications, including configuration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance tasks.
- Plan and coordinate staff training to ensure software is being correctly utilized, leveraged and maintained.
- Coordinate system testing of patches, fixes and updates to ensure proper functioning of the revised system.
- Participate in functional end-user testing to check system integrity and integrations prior to releases to the production environment.
- Assist user teams with new system implementations.
- Translate user expectations into technical specifications for enhancements and customizations.
- Consult with other staff on business process changes and implement effective solutions.
- Interpret and explain complex systems processes to non-technical audiences.
- Using reporting tools, design and write queries and custom reports to generate required reports on a periodic or ad-hoc basis.
- Document key business processes, data flows, work flows and system architectures.
- Maintain industry knowledge of new technologies, trends and relevant innovations in an effort to continually improve the enterprise applications.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree in information systems, business administration, finance, or a related field.
- Experience supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Working knowledge of reporting tools such as Cognos, Crystal Reports, ARGOS, or Informer.
- Demonstrated expertise interfacing with business stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic and disability issues.
Mass Maritime uses the following technologies. Experience in any of these software platforms is preferred:
- Blackboard Learning Management System
- Experience with text-based communication tools such as SignalVine.
- Drupal 8
- Transact payment processing
- Document Management Software
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 01 October 2022. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalists must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine and booster verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.