Adjunct Engineering Instructor- Instruct college level courses in a variety of engineering subjects such as Thermofluids, Fluid Mechanics and Strength of Materials. Massachusetts Maritime Academy follows a “Learn-Do-Learn” model, where our hands-on laboratories and classroom experiences enable our students to “apply” textbook knowledge in the field. The instructor will teach cadets in the basic concepts of fluid statics and mechanics, conservation of energy, thermodynamics, frictional losses and pump analysis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master of Science in Engineering.
- Teaching experience and/or relevant professional work and industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college level teaching and advising.
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter. The review of cover letter and resume will begin immediately. Cover letter and resume materials may be attached, and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete background check and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.