Institutional Effectiveness Analyst
Posting: May 2021
Position: Institutional Effectiveness Analyst
Deadline for application: Open Until Filled
Please note, this is a non-benefitted, part-time, (26 hours/week), temporary/contract position
Shift: 26 hours/week. Monday through Friday; possible weekends and evenings
General Statement of Duties: The Institutional Effectiveness Analyst contributes to institutional effectiveness efforts at the Academy by assisting with the collection, analysis, and distribution of institutional data to support strategic planning, decision making, program development, assessment of student learning, accreditation, and program review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with institutional effectiveness protocols, including the execution of survey, focus group, and interview projects. Assist with related quantitative and qualitative data analysis as well as the preparation of associated reports, including conformity with ADA accessibility standards.
- Provide support for student learning outcomes assessment efforts across campus (e.g., assisting with coordinating incentives for assessment; compiling regular summary reports of department assessment activities; and coordinating the feedback process for annual assessment reports).
- Assist with designing and maintaining data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., as related to the initial career outcomes of graduates).
- Assist with in-depth student success studies and analytics (e.g., DWF analyses).
- Support regional and specialized accreditation efforts
- Maintain the university-wide survey inventory and calendar.
- Assist with the updating of standard ongoing office publications.
- Assist with responding to ad hoc data requests.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with at least 1 to 3 years of related experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Coursework and/or experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Familiarity with assessment concepts (e.g., direct and indirect assessment measures, curriculum mapping)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software (SPSS preferred)
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Familiarity with online survey software
- Strong project management skills, including teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as creative and critical thinking skills
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and contact information of three (3) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities under Human Resources on the MMA website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a background check.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.