Instruct college level courses in a variety of engineering subjects such as: Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid
Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Energy Power Systems, Applied Industrial Controls & Systems, and Practical
Energy Engineering Solutions in industrial settings. The successful candidate will teach cadets the basic
concepts of mechanical operating systems, systems engineering, energy conservation applications, practical
thermodynamics, and process plant analysis. Massachusetts Maritime Academy follows a “Learn-Do-Learn”
model, where our hands-on laboratories and classroom experiences enable our students to “apply” textbook
knowledge in the field. This full-time faculty member will also advise, mentor and guide cadets on individual
plans of study and progress toward degree completion. All teaching positions at the Massachusetts Maritime
Academy require computer literacy, excellent written and oral communication skills, and an understanding of the
Academy's unique mission.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master of Science in Engineering with an active State Professional Engineer (PE) license required; Mechanical Ph.D. (or closely related engineering discipline) preferred.
- Significant teaching experience and/or relevant professional work and industry experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient computer software skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the evaluation criteria of college level teaching and advising.
- Understanding and dedication to the Academy’s unique mission.
Academic rank of the successful candidate determined by academic background and experience.
- PhD degree in closely related field to Mechanical Engineering
- Any additional licenses or certifications related to marine, facilities, or energy systems engineering
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate experience with development of curriculum.
- Prior military experience
- Experience with design of operational controls
How to Apply
First Application Review begins 15 February 2022. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment link on our website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a fifteen minute presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.