Please note, this is a non-benefitted, part-time, (26 hours/week), temporary/contract position
The Educational Effectiveness Improvement Coordinator (EEIC) contributes to institutional effectiveness efforts at the Academy by assisting with the collection, analysis, and distribution of institutional data to support strategic planning, decision making, program development, assessment of student learning, accreditation, and program review. Additionally, the EEIC supports institutional effectiveness objectives by engaging with faculty and staff on best practices in assessment and innovative, evidence-based teaching and learning practices.
- Assist with institutional effectiveness protocols, including the execution of survey, focus group, and interview projects. Assist with related quantitative and qualitative data analysis as well as the preparation of associated reports.
- Provide support for student learning outcomes assessment efforts across campus (e.g., assisting with planning ongoing semester workshops as well as specialized training; coordinating incentives for assessment; compiling regular summary reports of department assessment activities; and coordinating the feedback process for annual assessment reports).
- Plan and coordinate support and training for evidence-based methods of assessing and improving student learning and achievement (e.g., through online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face means).
- Assist with designing and maintaining data visualizations and dashboards (e.g., as related to the initial career outcomes of graduates).
- Assist with in-depth student success studies and analytics (e.g., DWF analyses).
- Support regional and specialized accreditation efforts (e.g., oversee NECHE E-Series completion).
- Maintain the university-wide survey inventory and calendar.
- Assist with the updating of standard ongoing office publications and ad hoc data requests.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in education, social science, statistics, or related field
- Experience in data analysis and report writing
- Coursework and/or experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience with assessment and best practices in teaching and learning (e.g., curriculum alignment, assignment design, effective pedagogical techniques)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software (SPSS preferred)
- Strong project management skills, including teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as creative and critical thinking skills
- Doctoral or terminal degree in education, social science, statistics, or related field
- Higher education teaching experience
- Experience in a teaching and learning center and/or instructional design.
- Experience in higher education administration (assessment and/or IR preferred)
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Experience working with online survey software
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.