General Note: The Document Management Specialist would be responsible for assessing the physical and digital documents of the Academy, implementing use of the Commonwealth’s document retention schedule and preparing the Academy for the implementation of an enterprise-wide document management system.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, business administration, or a related field
- 5 years of equivalent work experience with document management systems, such as Softdocs’ Etrieve, Hyland’s OnBase or DocFinity, records retention programs or records management programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of document management best practices (folder/metadata structures, data classification, access management, etc.)
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations, including FERPA, HIPAA and the MA 201 CMR 17 regulation regarding the protection of personal information
- Proficient in the Microsoft and Google office productivity tools
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skill in using electronic records/document management systems, databases and metadata
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Well organized and attention to detail required
- BS/BA degree preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and contact information of three (3) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities under Human Resources on the MMA website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.