Provides excellent customer service in the installation and support of audio visual equipment and systems. Additional responsibilities include preventive maintenance tasks, providing equipment training to staff and faculty, and troubleshooting and repair of audio visual systems.
Physical Requirements: To be able to lift, push, and pull objects up to 50 lbs. Some jobs require extensive walking and /or lengthy periods of standing, along with exposure to both indoor/outdoor weather elements.
- Provides set-up and support of PC’s, projectors, microphones, lighting, and sound systems for all campus events (in classrooms, conference rooms, lecture halls, ship, outdoor venues, etc.).
- Configures room set-ups for meetings of various sizes including set-up, operation, and breakdown.
- Operate Marine Transportation simulators for campus tour participants.
- Organize equipment in storage areas including maintenance, inventory and upkeep of audio/visual equipment.
- Associate's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and certifications.
- Experience working in higher education.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and contact information of three (3) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities under Human Resources on the MMA website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete background check and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.