A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Associate Director of Freshman Admissions
Posting: March, 2021
Position: FY21-05 Associate Director of Freshman Admissions
Deadline for application: April 19, 2021
Start Date: As soon as possible
General Statement of Duties: Enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to work with Inclusive Excellence, Diversity, and Equity initiatives, and work with Massachusetts Gateway cities. Responsible for planning freshman recruitment and assist in the development of the annual recruitment plan and manage full-time and part-time staff professionals with coordination of travel territories, expectations, and goal setting.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collection and collation of materials necessary for the assessment of applicants.
- Represents MMA at various recruitment events such as college fairs, outreach programs, workshops, and school visits.
- Travel territory management as assigned including scheduling of events/visits, building/maintaining of relationships with appropriate stakeholders, and coordination of events within assigned territory. Extensive travel during peak times will be required.
- Review of applications with decisions/recommended decisions within travel territory and other assigned reading territory.
- Participation in on-campus events to support recruitment efforts.
- Assist with the development and review of marketing materials for prospective students and securing assets for use in publications/social media.
- Experience with current best practices in enrollment management processes.
- Work with the Director and other campus constituencies to further develop enrollment objectives campus-wide.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience working in admissions or enrollment management, or significant relevant experience in recruitment for higher education
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel within the United States and possibly abroad (post-COVID)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to identify, gather and analyze data needed to inform decision-making.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration or related field
- 5+ years experience working in admissions or enrollment management with prior supervisory experience
Familiarity with Recruit CRM and Colleague Data system
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.