Primary Role: in support of the Advancement team, the Assistant Director of Advancement Services & Special Events will be responsible for the overall administration, integrity, and security of the Academy’s fundraising platforms (Raiser’s Edge; Financial Edge; GiveButter; CampusCall) and gift processing procedures and will be an integral member of the team that produces the Academy’s Advancement special events. Must be able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally within the Advancement Office and across the Academy in order to achieve key performance goals. Occasional travel will be required.
- Oversee timely processing, acknowledging and reporting of all donations to the Academy
- Monitor all external giving interfaces and import gifts from these vehicles into Raiser’s Edge
- Oversee data integrity using various sources to update constituent information
- Serve as campus-wide administrator of Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge; Financial Edge; GiveButter; CampusCall platforms and as Advancement representative in the administration of SignalVine texting service
- Take the lead in planning small on-campus and off-campus events designed to engage alumni and various donor constituencies
- Assist in planning, staging, and managing large fundraising events (on and off campus)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with database management in a fundraising environment
- Skills/knowledge and Expertise:
- Experience with fundraising databases, database administration, and reporting
- Event planning experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.