For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
How to Work a Career Fair
- Find out the names of the companies attending the Career Fair.
- Employers are at the Career Fair because they want MMA students.
- Research the companies.
- Determine which companies you want to visit and learn more about.
- Map out a plan.
- Make sure your resume is perfect and says what you want ot portray.
- Print several copies of your resume on bond paper.
- Think about what you want to say to each employer.
- Visualize how your brief visit will go.
- Wear your dress blues to Career Fairs.
What to Say
- Introduce yourself.
- Hand the employer your resume'
- Express your interwst and knowledge about the company.
- Ask them if they will be placing co-ops this winter or if they will be hiring upon graduation.
- Ask if they will be setting up interviews and how you can sign up.
- Find out how best to follow up.
- Employers want MMA students.
- You need to do your research.
- Your resume should be remarkable.
- Visit all the companies of interest.
- Be yourself.
- Determine next steps.
- Follow up.
this list is a condensed version