For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
The OIE is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mass Maritime. Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Programming for students, faculty, and staff around themes of diversity awareness
- Sharing information about Mass Maritime with underrepresented populations in Massachusetts and beyond
- Collaboration with the Multicultural Club
- Gathering data regarding the cultural climate on campus
- Coordinate the Supportive Approaches to Learning Together (S.A.L.T.) program designed to support first generation college students
Supporting Approaches to Learning Together (S.A.L.T.)
The S.A.L.T Program provides comprehensive support services to assist students in graduating successfully. The program is designed to allow first-generation, Pell-eligible/recipient and/or students with learning differences to explore and engage their educational and personal goals within a learning community by offering academic coaching and mentoring.
The S.A.L.T. Program is available to students as long as they are enrolled in the Academy. Students are able to sign up for the program through the SALT Application. Once the application is completed the students will have an intake appointment to determine eligibility. Once eligibility is determined the students will receive a S.A.L.T student success plan. Students will be meeting with the SALT Advisor once a month or additional time if needed to track progress, discuss academics, review graduation & career plan and assist with any other adjustment needs. You may conctact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a S.A.L.T. application at any time.