Message from the President
(16 November 2020)
As you know, I have prioritized the Academy's actions regarding the COVID-19 outbreak as follows:
- To keep our cadets, faculty and staff - and by extension, their families – safe
- To keep the Academy from becoming a mass-transmission center
- To find a path to get our 1/C cadets to degree completion in time for the 26 June Commencement
- To minimize the academic disruption for the 2/C, 3/C and 4/C cadets
Given the latest national and state data, medical advice that I have received and in consideration of the aforementioned priorities, please be advised of the following actions:
- All classes will move to online/distance learning format beginning Monday 30 November. Classes or labs which cannot be run via a distance learning modality will be postponed until a later time (and a grade of “I” or incomplete will be issued).
- Cadets are directed to vacate the residence halls (dormitory, Mariners' Inn, T.S. Kennedy and Joint Base Cape Cod) no later than 1600 on Tuesday, 24 November. In rare cases, cadets may apply for a housing hardship waiver by using this form: Housing Hardship Form. In extreme cases, a limited amount of space will be made available for cadets in need of storage for their gear. Please see or email LT Jordan if you must secure storage.
- Campus administrative offices will remain open during this time. The status for employees remains unchanged.
- There is no change to the winter term at this time (mini-sea term, commercial shipping, co-op).
- There is no change to the spring term at this time (spring term begins on 8 February 2021).
- Information regarding the Academy's refund policy for matters such as room and board fees will be forthcoming.
- Please check the website for updates on this matter. I thank the entire Academy family for working collaboratively through this difficult time.
My sincere regards,
RADM Francis X. McDonald