For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Cover Letters Career Services
Massachusetts Maritime Academy Cover Letters
Why have a cover letter?
- Cover letters are the presonality, resumes' are the facts.
- Cover letters are about the employer, resumes' are about you.
- It determines if the employer will read your resume'.
How do I get stared?
- What you have to offer
- Why a company would want you
Research the Company
- Your cover letter should look like it belongs with your resume'
- One Page
- Same header, same font
- Express your excitement
- Tell the company why you are interested
- Quickly tell them how you are qualified
- If you have a contact tell them
- If you were asked to call, or spoke to the person, remind them
- The job description is your road map to your cover letter.
- Give examples of your experience that relate to the job description.
- Tell a story that makes you stand out.
- Data or facts to support statements.
- Spell it out for the reader, why they should hire you.
- Talk about co-op or shipping experiences, and what you learned
- Call to action
- Make the company know you are their candidate
- Cover letters that knock 'em dead by Martin Yate
- Cover letters for dummies by Joyce Lain Kennedy
- Gallery of best cover letters by David F. Noble
- Tell me about yourself by Katherine Hansen
- 15 minute cover letter by Michael Farr & Loise Kursmark
- No-nonsense cover letters by Wendy Enelow and Arnold G. Boldt
- 202 Great cover letters by Michael Betrus
- Step by step cover letters by Evelyn Salvador
This is a condensed version