For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
From: Deputy Commandant of Cadets
To: Distribution List
Subj: Captain’s Inspection Schedule- Spring Semester 2019
Date: 07 March 2019
The following Captain’s Inspection Schedule for the Spring Semester 2019 is promulgated.
DAY DATE COMPANY UNIFORM
Monday 18 March 2nd Company Service Dress Blues
Monday 25 March 3rd Company Service Dress Blues
Monday 01 April 4th/7th Company Service Dress Blues
Monday 08 April 5th Company Service Dress Blues
Wednesday 24 April 6th Company Service Dress Blues
Monday 29 April 1st Company Service Dress Blues
Monday 06 May 2nd Company Salt & Pepper
Monday 13 May 3rd Company Salt & Pepper – NO SENIORS / COASTIES
Monday 20 May 4th/7th Company Salt & Pepper
Monday 03 June 5th/6th Company Salt & Pepper
Monday 10 June 1th Company Salt & Pepper
- Inspections will commence each Monday (except where otherwise noted) at 0700 for Duty Company. All cadets in the Duty Company are required to attend the inspection except those who are physically on watch at the time of the inspection.
- In preparing for Captain’s Inspection the room standards and conditions published in the Regimental Manual will service as a base guideline to establish uniformity. All hands are reminded that during these inspections above average cleanliness and smartness is expected.
- Service Dress Blue Inspections will include:
- Individual personal appearance
- Cadet rooms: Decks to be swabbed and cleaned, not stripped, not waxed
- Complete Sea Bag/Uniform inventory (must be stenciled)
- All heads/showers in the Company
- Cleaning gear lockers
- Passageways and bulkheads
- Ladder wells
4. Salt & Pepper personal inspections will be held on the parade field, weather permitting
CDR S. M. Kelleher
Deputy Commandant of Cadets