History

The Band, Honor Guard and Chorus was one of the first organized cadet groups on campus followed by the Drill Team, even predating Athletics at the Academy. The Honor Guard served in the Academy's observances of morning colors prior to the band addition in May of 1945. The Band, Honor Guard and Drill Team functioned as three separate units until March of 2007 when 7th Company was established. The band first functioned as a Jazz and Dance Band in the early 1940's, then moved to doing field band activities for Academy formations and ceremonies.

Founded by John G. Miles, MMA '47

The first songs the band played at the first formation in 1945

  • Anchors Aweigh
  • Onward Christian Soldiers
  • From Boston 

band First Formation sandy hills in bkgrd