Prospective Students   Current Students   Faculty & Staff   Alumni & Friends   Parents & Visitors   Continuing Education/Working Professional

Massachusetts Maritime Academy - TWIC Enrollement ComCad - TWIC Enrollement

Transportation Workers Identification Credential 

The amount of TWIC-holder-Cadets for Sea Term 2014 is low at this time. Fourth Class cadets are encouraged to enroll in a TWIC enrollment program facilitated by the Commandant of Cadets. If you are a 4/C planning on going on the sea term this winter - and you are sincere about continuing to study at MMA - you may register for an appointment with the Commandant’s office to visit the local TWIC enrollment center, transportation provided. The TWIC cost is $129.75 and the method of payment is credit card or money order. The closest enrollment center is in Bourne, Ma. The actual address and location is, UES Enrollment Center 50 Portside Drive, Unit F, Suite 2, Pocasset, MA 02559-1928. The EC is open Tuesday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.  

If you prefer to enroll on your own the following information is provided: appointments to visit an enrollment center can be made via phone by calling 1-855 DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 10 PM Eastern.

Proper identification and payment is necessary to enroll. Cadet should complete the TWIC enrollment form ahead of their schedule EC visit. The Commandant’s Office will arrange for group transportation to the Pocasset EC. Scroll down for further information and proper acceptable identification documentation. Non-US-Citizens please refer to the following TSA WebPages for additional information and acceptable documentation.
Required Documentation for U.S. Citizens
Enrollment *As November 23, 2010*

If you are a citizen of the United States (or its outlying possessions) and you were born inside the United States (or its outlying possessions), you must provide one document from column A or two documents from column B. If you present two documents from column B, at least one of them must be a government-issued photo ID, such as a state-issued driver’s license, military ID card, or state identification card.

Note: U.S. Mariners who hold or intend to apply for U.S. Coast Guard issued-credentials should note that they may be required to provide the Coast Guard with copies of additional proof of nationality and/or citizenship.

List A – one document
  • Unexpired U. S. passport book or passport card
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner Document (MMD)
  • Unexpired Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Card
  • Unexpired NEXUS Card
  • Unexpired Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) Card
  • Unexpired United States Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)
  • Unexpired Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC)
List B – two documents (with one of the two being a government-issued photo ID)
  • Unexpired driver’s license issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States
  • Unexpired ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States. Must include a State or State agency seal or logo (such as state port authority ID or State University ID)
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
  • Voter’s registration card
  • U.S. military ID card or U.S. retired military ID
  • U.S. military dependent’s card
  • Expired U. S. passport (within 12 months of expiration)
  • Native American tribal document (with photo)
  • security card
  • U.S. military discharge papers (DD-214)
  • Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
  • U.S. civil marriage certificate
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner License (MML) bearing an official raised seal, or a certified copy
  • Unexpired Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC)

last updated 2-25-2014 by