I. Class Status may be affected in a subsequent term. The following are affected by a loss of Class Status:
A. Financial Aid
1. Federal Direct Stafford Loan eligibility is reduced (consult w/Financial Aid Dept.)
2. CQPR requirement may be more lenient, (i.e., 1.8 required for
Sophomore, 2.0 required for Junior/Senior).
B. Commercial Shipping
-Student must have Junior status at the beginning of the year.
C. Quality of Life
-Leave and Liberty policies
-Accoutrements in dormitory rooms
-Company assignment – Students who lose Class Status are moved to another company.
D. Leadership Opportunities
-Student must be at the class level commensurate with responsibilities.
II. CQPR - “Avoid the F”
A. Maintains higher CQPR for Good Standing/Retention
B. 2.0 required for Commercial Shipping/Leadership positions
C. May affect eligibility to participate in varsity athletics
D. Scholarship Committee uses CQPR as first criteria – works from top down.
III. Credits completed
A. 12 credits required for Full-Time Status
1. Private Health Insurance may require full-time status
B. Financial Aid
1. Maintenance of Effort – must complete a minimum # of credits per Federal guidelines.
2. Less than Full-Time most likely will lose all financial aid.
B. Eligibility for Sea Term and/or Cooperatives
C. Academic Board
-Board reviews transcripts and takes into account # of withdrawals and lack of progress as well as CQPR, SQPR, # of failures and Probationary status.
-It is disappointing to see students withdraw after only two weeks of class. This demonstrates a lack of self-confidence and determination rather than a lack of aptitude.
last updated 11-12-10 by firstname.lastname@example.org